Producer | New Zealand
14 days ago
Blind Squirrel games is looking for a Producer to join us in creating a sci-fi action shooter based on a prized IP!
Supported by the Production Director, the Producer is responsible for the successful operation and delivery of project work from internal and external teams. In conjunction with the game development responsibilities associated with this role, we are also searching for someone willing and able to support daily studio operations through general administrative duties.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience working on live operated products and within the mobile and free-to-play games space. Previous experience managing and maintaining an office or supporting teams with a service-oriented approach is a huge plus!
This is a full-time position available to Auckland, New Zealand residents only as the person filling this role will be required to work based out of our Auckland studio 5 days a week with the option to work remotely when necessary.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK AND ALREADY RESIDE IN NEW ZEALAND.
The salary range being considered for this role is $63,600 - $95,400 NZD.
PRODUCERS AT BSG...
You've familiarized yourself with the ins-and-outs of game development through professional and/or independent work and are confident in your understanding of the game development pipeline. You have a solid production skillset but are ready to challenge yourself by starting to take on more responsibilities and larger projects within your specialization. You may have worn a couple of different hats during your early years in the industry, but you've narrowed down your focus and are fixed on harnessing what you've learned and what you will learn to launch your career as a producer.
You are collaborative, open-minded, and have an overall pleasant disposition. You can take direction and feedback, are not afraid to ask questions, and understand the value of autonomous work.
- Ensure the development processes for your team operate effectively and efficiently
- Act as a vital conduit of information across the team, studio, and external clients, making sure they are kept informed of project status and any issues or needs
- Work with the leads and stakeholders to ensure projects are adequately resourced and completed on time, within budget and to a high level of quality
- Work with project leads to create goals and schedules and track progress towards major milestones
- Support and help to improve our culture of transparency, constant improvement, and empowering support
- Identify any issues that affect the performance of your team and diligently removing any impediments to team success
- Manage and mentor more junior members of the production team so they reach their full potential and achieve their long-term career goals.
- Greet and welcome studio visitors, notifying proper personnel of upon their arrival
- Maintain security protocols by employing visitor logs, NDA enforcement, and issuing badges as needed
- Ensure the reception area, office common areas, conference rooms, and kitchen are clean and well-stocked
- Manage shipping, receiving, and distribution of mail and packages
- Responsible for ordering and restocking of office and kitchen supplies
- Act as the primary liaison for vendors, maintenance, repairs, and cleaning of facilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous experience as a producer developing software
- Experience as a Producer developing software
- Passion and commitment to making top quality videogames
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and team building qualities
- Impeccable organizational skills with the ability to constantly juggle different needs in the right order of priority
- A disposition to be pro-active, inquisitive, independent and solve problems in an urgent manner
- Excellent, intuitive risk management skills with a strong desire to identify and solve potential issues before they occur
- The ability to see the bigger picture and be detailed orientated as required
- Understanding of the functions and relationships between different departments in a game development studio
- Understanding of different game development methodologies and processes
- Hands-on experience with industry standard project management software such as JIRA, Excel, MS Project, etc.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a production role at a videogame developer.