Producer - Narrative and Cinematics
18 days ago
Job Description: Producer – Narrative and Cinematics
Compulsion Games is a first-party game studio and a subsidiary of Microsoft’s Xbox Game Studios, located in Montreal, Canada.
Founded by industry veterans, we have a human-first culture where we trust and respect each other, with shared love and passion for our craft. Our games have won praise for their art, music, world-building, and engaging narratives. We are devoted to building experiences that feel unique and handcrafted and our producer team is here to make sure our content creators and designers are as creative as they can be.
We aim to create characters with compelling, human flaws and narratives that explore heavy themes with care and empathy. Our storytelling typically has a healthy dose of darkness and comedy thrown in for good measure.
We recently unveiled South Of Midnight, our upcoming third-person action-adventure game set in the American Deep South.
See the Trailer here!
Compulsion Games is a quality-led studio with a humble team that enjoys experimenting with an artistic approach to making games. We like to hire people who are drawn to our core values of trust, autonomy, harmony, and craftsmanship and share our vision of a studio built around them. As a team, we do not want to grow too big in order to stay true to these values as they don’t scale well.
Our team is passionately committed to both diversity and accessibility, core values throughout the Xbox Game Studios group. Therefore, a core part of our hiring process is ensuring new hires are well-aligned in order to build a harmonious team and company. We care deeply about our team and their well-being, so you’d be joining a close-knit group of creative people.
The Producer is the guide and coach of the team(s) that they work with. Their goal is to help shepherd the development of the game, to ensure that we meet the creative goals set by the direction team and the strategic targets set by the studio and production direction. They will facilitate clear communication, ensure team resources are efficiently used and help resolve issues on the team.
- Work the narrative, cinematics and scripted events teams to ensure clear communication and alignment on production goals amongst themselves and with the rest of the development team.
- Organize all mocap shoots and voice recording sessions with our mocap, recording and talent management partners.
- Help set and maintain game development timelines, and work through the logistics of the production process
- Ensure the well-being of the development team by listening to concerns and feedback while facilitating decision-making
- Help define project deliverables and assess risks
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to the Leadership team on deliverables and project progress
- Assist with deliverables, tasks and bug management process. Foresee possible delays that could affect quality, schedule or content
- Minimum 3 years of production management experience
- Experience working on at least one shipped PC or Console game
- Experience managing team(s) with interdisciplinary dependencies
- Experience working with outsourcing studios or co-dev partners
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experience working with tracking software (ex. Jira, DevOps)
- Open-minded, collaborative, proactive.
- Good video game knowledge
This is a full-time position, with full salary and studio benefits based in our new Downtown location, by Atwater Metro station. Since Covid-19, we have permanently shifted the studio to a hybrid working setup for employees, provided you are already based in or willing to relocate to Canada.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.