1 month ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A PRODUCER HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games (in collaboration with external partners) is working with several exciting IPs to create fun Narrative Idle mobile games. As the Producer on our core-technology team, you’ll organize the development and maintenance of the technology that produces the core features used by all of our partner games. You’ll work alongside a world-class team that facilitates the development of new features and releases over the lifetime of our products. We call this framework, IdleKit. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about mobile games and who cares about the technology that’s used to create those games. We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications in Canada.
What is IdleKit?
IdleKit is East Side Games' core technology platform that enables our internal games and external partnership games. The IdleKit team operates as an independent business unit that productizes our platform and actively publishes new games under the East Side Games brand.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Take ownership of our framework; communicate outages to our partners and own major product announcements.
- Own the execution and contribute to the strategic vision of IdleKit.
- Own the re-skinnable IdleKit example project for partners to release games much more quickly.
- Act as the Product Owner for future kits that we build in house: MergeKit, MatchKit, MasterKit, etc.
- Provide partner support for publishing, roadmap prioritization, and growth coordination for any new kit proof of concept games where we don't have best practices documented or demonstrated in other games.
- Create specifications to communicate a project’s vision, short and long term goals, budget, and schedule.
- Communicate project status to the management on an ongoing basis.
- Directly manage and scope the work associated with small features and improvements.
- Assign tasks and manage projects for teams of engineers, artists, designers, and QA testers.
- Analyze and author documentation to define processes and best practices in production.
- Work with the Senior Product Manager to coordinate current customer needs against the product roadmap.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years in a production or project management position.
- Strong understanding of Atlassian products (both Jira and Confluence).
- Shipped games (or apps) through Apple or Google Play store.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies, as well as a working knowledge of Kanban, Waterfall, and other production approaches.
- Experience working in a Live-ops environment.
- A solid understanding of social, F2P, and idle mobile games is a nice to have.
- Willingness to provide and accept direction in a team environment.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and task management skills.
- An appreciation for analytics and a champion for customer support.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and drive to take ownership of your work.
- A passion for social and mobile games.
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and data driven.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally... And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits ! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Due to a small, but completely awesome recruitment team, only those candidates that qualify will be contacted. Thanks for your interest in ESG and we wish you super success in your job search!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.