This job might no longer be available.
Producer, Global Broadcast (Temp)
Los Angeles, CA, United States
11 months ago
Activision/Blizzard Esports seeks a Producer to manage live & taped streaming shows that are distributed across all platforms. This a jack-of-all trades hands on producer that will work on all aspects of production including: technical production, operations, show rundown, segment creation, development and post-production.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating engaging cross platform programming and understands cost-effective production workflows. Needs a deep understanding of the distribution process from conception to consumption, including the nuances of reaching audiences on O&O, social platforms, and mobile devices. Most importantly, they will have expertise producing live driven content, events, engaging social content, unlocking talent's creativity, developing cross-platform brands and creating an efficient production process.
- Take ownership for broadcast projects including esports, seeing them successfully through production.
- Coordinate, track, and manage project resources to ensure projects are completed on schedule and are of top quality.
- Facilitate communications with other producers, production and post-production staff and stakeholders from other teams.
- Source, vet, and manage relationships with external vendors and crews
- Assist in budget planning as well as execution of budget.
- Take responsibility for finding appropriate solutions to problems and challenges as they arise within the group.
- Contribute to a positive and constructive work environment.
- Manage day-to-day duties of associate producers, broadcast associates, production assistants and others
- Must have 5+ years of equivalent production experience
- Must have deep experience & proven track record in producing in multi-platform live & VOD shows in studio and remote
- Thorough knowledge of the Call of Duty and esports productions
- Must have strong budget creation and management skills
- Must have experience producing current/former professional athletes, celebrities and/or on-air talent
- Can multi task in a fast pace production environment.
- Field production experience is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and a track record of leadership ability
- Detailed technical knowledge of multi-platform production processes
- Working knowledge of Live Broadcast work flows and practices.
- Experience in managing large quantities of assets and complex project schedules
- Ability to guide projects from inception through post.
- Must be able to implement structure and workflow solutions.
- Be flexible in your work schedule (Events/Broadcast on nights and weekends)
- Work with multiple teams of Blizzard employees, contractors, and vendors working on multiple franchise esports productions.
- Able to facilitate and mediate between members of the development and support teams
- Strong ownership and responsibility for the work they are responsible for
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to travel for a good portion of the season/year
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms, including audience demographics and competitive landscape
- A passion for video games and esports
- Sports Production experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.