Producer, External Development
Santa Clara, California, United States
6 days ago
The External Development Producer will be responsible for working with external development teams worldwide to develop quality games for PC and Console platforms on time and on budget. They are responsible for supporting the entire project life cycle from concept to the green light process to release to live operations (if applicable). The individual in this position will be required to manage and track multiple products to ensure they are tracking to schedule and quality goals while acting as a problem solver, project champion, decision maker and communicator par excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Primarily acts as the production lead for the Americas on PC and Console games led out of Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe. Also acts as the production lead on projects developed in other territories as necessary.
● Performs as the primary contact and champion for Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe’s Production and other teams as well as the external developer. Operates as a conduit of communication between internal teams on projects.
● Proactively identifies issues in advance, helping to remove roadblocks and raising internal awareness of problems.
● Constantly evaluate and iterate to improve production and development processes.
● Design feedback processes and user testing processes, customizing them to the needs of projects to ensure the optimal result.
● Organize game play feedback from internal stakeholders and write reports for development teams
● Coordinate play testing, build evaluation, user experience analysis, focus testing and so on with external parties
● Update internal documentation based on meetings and action items, following up as necessary
● Assists our internal production teams with contract, vendor, product management, as well as ongoing product monitoring and status updates
● Work closely with other internal stakeholders to answer questions and ensure follow-up
- Experience on the production team on multiple console and PC external development projects through the full development cycle, from concept to post-release support
- Experience in internal development in a game studio, working on games with online components, and on games with live services is ideal.
- Deep and demonstrable knowledge of game development and industry trends.
- Ability to lead and motivate external and internal staff while championing a project.
- A strong drive to be proactive. A knack for predicting/catching issues before they come up.
- Focused on improving their own and their team’s skillset and knowledge. Always pushing the envelope and trying to improve the project and the organization.
- International experience with teams in Europe and Asia and fluency in other languages a plus.
- Intense passion for video games.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in the video game industry a significant plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.