Producer, Creative Services
15 days ago
Job Title:Producer, Creative Services
Job Title: Producer, Creative Services, Hearthstone
Reporting To: Manager, Creative Services
Department: Creative Services
Location: Irvine, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, resources, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you enjoy a fast-paced and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? If you are answering yes to these questions you might be the perfect fit for our Creative Services Producer role.
This position requires a born project leader with the experience to drive projects as they move through Blizzard Entertainment’s Creative Services Department and as they are distributed globally to other regions.
Impeccable organizational and time-management skills are critical as is the ability to build relationships and foster cooperation among many teams and departments as the projects move through completion and delivery.
You’ll work on content development initiatives for social, performance marketing, user acquisition advertising, video content, editorial materials, broadcast assets, branding, logos, style guides, event materials and more. And you’ll coordinate with the various teams within Blizzard to ensure deliverables are on-time and distributed across various channels.
And of course, Blizzard culture is important to us, so if you love to geek out over things like video games, mobile games, fantasy, sci-fi, graphic novels, technology, etc., you’ll have a great advantage!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and distribute schedules for all projects.
- Schedule and prioritize projects to ensure work is completed efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Manage milestones and deliverables with the project stakeholders in the US and with the regional teams to ensure assets are delivered when needed.
- Mitigate project risks or potential threats. Adjust and communicate schedule updates as necessary to maintain final due dates.
- Lead weekly project status meetings and communicate milestones to stakeholder group.
- Act as liaison between Creative Services and all other departments worldwide for marketing materials -- Requesting assets, providing assets, and securing approvals.
- Help ensure strategic and visual brand consistency of all Blizzard brands.
- Work closely with creative team to lead, innovate and evolve branding and marketing materials.
- Help set and refine projects’ strategic objectives and oversee all phases of creative development.
- Schedule, lead and document all meetings needed for briefing, review, and approval of projects.
- Work with project stakeholders and Creative Services team to define project goals, budget and deadlines, and communicate clearly to the stakeholder group.
- Manage outside contractors and agencies, set up relationships and manage the flow of assets and communication.
- Review all project deliverables to ensure they are free of typos, inconsistencies, errors and ensure they meet internal and external requirements including specifications, file formats and brand/legal guidelines.
- Request and manage project budgets, provide reporting as necessary.
- Manage purchasing, creating purchase requisitions and requesting any necessary contracts.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management/producing.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a creative environment – preferably advertising/design agency, game developer or entertainment studio.
- Expert knowledge of the creative development process.
- Expert knowledge in digital content development, including advertising, static and motion.
- Some knowledge of print production.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with individuals and departments.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities.
- Exceptional creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starting with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail as well as the ability to understand the big picture.
- Able to maximize resources.
- Service-oriented attitude.
- A love of video games.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of multi-channel Mobile Marketing creative development
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Entertainment experience – preferably gaming
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.