Bellevue, Washington, United States
13 days ago
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
ArenaNet’s production team takes pride in guiding teams of developers to the highest-quality solutions possible.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a confident, compassionate Producer ready to partner with creative and technical leads to build amazing experiences for players, shepherding ideas through discovery all the way to post-launch live operations. You’re ready to take on new challenges with established teams, helping them make the most of the time they have available.
You’re comfortable supporting several projects and making sure feedback is appropriately followed up on and plans are updated as conditions change. You can execute complex deployments while being aware of and managing personality quirks on your team that might cause slowdowns if not handled with candor and tact.
This position will be a 12 month contract in our Bellevue office.
- Collaborate with art, design and programming developers on cross-discipline teams to create long term, large-scale project schedules to budget resources, drive milestones and scope the project
- Develop and refine the development processes to increase production efficiency and quality
- Monitor change requests and determine when significant changes to project scope have occurred
- Manage the dependencies and development process with core studio services including the Web Development, Audio, Localization, QA, Outsourcing and Marketing departments
- Identify and mitigate risks, communicate development status to teams and stakeholders
- Assist teams with dependency management, removing blocking issues, and communicating project changes
- Track task progress and manage multiple small details across long timespans
- Experience with game production in AAA game development
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel in art, design, programming and management
- Ability to create project schedules and milestones and monitor the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Experience using Agile game development methodologies
- Ability to create and implement appropriate production processes customized to individual team needs while also synchronizing with established standards
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experienced at bringing clarity to ambiguity and adapt easily to change
- Experience working with technical teams a plus
- Experience working with large, cross-discipline teams a plus
- Experience with multi-platform video game development a plus
- High EQ and experience with the Radical Candor approach a plus