Producer (Apex Legends)
14 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create ground-breaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Producer who will embrace our player- and gameplay-first philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and supporting the execution of long and short-term plans for cross-functional technical systems development. You will facilitate communication across the team, support workflow dependencies, identify and mitigate risks, and be a key component in our team hitting our development goals.
What you’ll do...
- In partnership with the Technical Directors and Leads, drive production of technical systems and features.
- Partner closely with the team leads to understand their challenges and identify impediments to success.
- Establish and maintain the team’s schedule and scope/capacity plans. Work with the team to establish and execute on realistic sprint plans.
- Take on management of one or more direct reports. Support their professional development through coaching, regular feedback, and workload management.
- Focus on development processes, identifying inefficiencies and introducing production and development process improvements.
- Be a conduit of communication between departments and provide support to the team in a variety of different capacities.
- Look at long term strategies for any potential roadblocks and proactively address them.
- Drive features from initial requests through release.
- Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
- Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department and help define and encourage production best practices.
Ideally you will have...
- 3+ years of experience as a Producer for technical teams working on AAA game/s, through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, risks, and dependencies to the development and leadership teams.
- A strong understanding of game development methodologies.
- Experience working with waterfall and agile planning methods.
- Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
- Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
- Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others’ time.
- Intense passion for helping people and teams achieve their goals.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.