This job might no longer be available.
Bellevue, WA, United States
5 months ago
Unity is looking for a motivated counsel to join our legal team’s commercial group. You will review, negotiate, and draft contracts between Unity and third-party vendors, be the primary legal support for Unity’s IT department, and provide contract support to many functions across the company. You are tech savvy, possess strong project and people management skills and comfortable working with people from all over the world. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced and collaborative environment and is passionate about problem solving and effecting change. This position is based out of Unity’s office in Bellevue, Washington, and will work closely with other team members across the globe.
- Review, negotiate, draft, and execute a wide variety of vendor, procurement and facilities agreements including master services agreements, purchase agreements, license agreements, confidentiality agreements, data protection addendums, and other general business contracts
- Create and help maintain contracts for use by procurement personnel
- Manage the contract lifecycle including drafts, modifications, amendments, and renewals
- Assess and categorize unusual contract terms and appropriately escalate internally
- Act as primary liaison with the Procurement team on behalf of the legal team
- Work closely with IT on purchase contracts
- Collaborate internally to ensure compliance with legal and security requirements and remain up to date on such requirements
- Create and update policies and procedures to improve the vendor contract and purchase prices within Unity
- You are flexible, well organized, and able to work in fast-paced technology environment and on a global scale
- You have the ability and desire to work independently with little oversight
- You are a creative, effective problem solver and have experience creating operational efficiencies for a scaling business
- You demonstrate exceptional judgment and comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with customers, partners, teammates, senior management and key stakeholders
- You have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You are a member in good standing with the Washington State Bar or are registered in-house counsel in Washington
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.