Process Improvement Manager
14 days ago
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems,
handheld gaming devices, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets.
2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known
for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands,
Evolve, XCOM, and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Product Development team is responsible for bringing the scale of 2K’s publishing
capabilities to internal and external studio partners in order to delight our global
customer base by delivering world class games.
What We Need:
The Process Improvement manager leads the implementation of process improvements
within the global publishing organization. By improving our internal business processes,
communications and procedures, we enable our teams to be more nimble and effective
in their day to day work. We strive to create processes that are efficient, achievable,
consistent and complete.
Who are you?
You are a detail oriented, highly organized person with a consistent track record of
identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives. The role requires a high
degree of cross-functional interaction and demands excellent communication skills. You
have strong analytical, project management, communication, influencing, and
leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the
organization. Candidates must be willing to work at both a very tactical and strategic
level. The ideal candidate is an individual who is proactive, driven, and loves a
fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment with the goal of helping to improve
publishing operations. We're looking for an innovator, a deep problem solver, a
relationship builder, a superb communicator, and someone who works comfortably
within the details without losing sight of the larger strategy we're driving. If this sounds
like you, we'd love to talk with you!
What You Will Do:
● In partnership with the VP of Publishing Operations, establish and lead the
cross-functional communication and decision making framework for the 2K
● Develop workflows, communication frameworks, project templates and other
supporting documents and communications which support the project lifecycle
process from inception to release
● Develop a standard set of templates and materials for scoping and executing
complex projects and cross-functional communications
● Establish clear communication plans, identifying key stakeholders,
dependencies, success criteria, and communication channels/touchpoints
● Track project progress, risks, issues, and deliverables via shared resource hubs,
email communications, and recurring communications
● Effectively and dynamically context switch between the single task level and
high-level project objectives, maintaining a consistently up-to-date view
● Anticipate and managing client/stakeholder concerns, emotions, point of
pushback or disagreement and integrate client/stakeholder issues into the
● Display a thorough understanding of the 2K Product Development strategic goals
and understand potential conflicts or opportunities competing projects might
● Work effectively both unaccompanied and in a team-based environment, being
incredibly proactive and not shy to call out issues and prioritize resolution.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
● BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
● Well-built project management skills with 5+ years of experience in product
management or product development
● Strong organization, collaboration, documentation and progress reporting skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify,
structure, and communicate information to all levels of the organization
● Experience interfacing and communicating with executives, creative, business,
and technical audiences
● Experience and high level of comfort leading daily scrums and providing frequent
status reports to small and large audiences.
● Expert skills with Confluence and JIRA, or similar project management tools
● Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with proven track record of effective
root cause analysis; skillful at using data and analysis to make decisions and
● Adept at understanding, compiling and improving established policies and
procedures through collaboration with support teams
● Commitment to identifying and implementing innovative ideas to improve
processes and performance.
● Skilled at relationship building and influencing decision making
● Proficiency in process mapping techniques and tools; Lean, Six Sigma a plus
● Self-motivated and driven; comfortable working in a global, matrixed and
● Forward thinking; able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities
and drive their teams toward the desired objective
● Shown expertise in building, developing, and managing highly effective process
● Able to work effectively while working remotely!
● Gaming industry experience, mainly working on AAA titles, a plus
● Scrum Master / Product Owner Certification, Kanban or other Agile training a