This job might no longer be available.
Plantation, FL, United States
11 days ago
Our Process Engineering team takes a demanding set of functions and turns them into the optics technology that makes the magic work. They monitor and control eyepieces fabrication and product performance. In addition, they will manage tool productivity, maintenance, and yields, conduct data analysis to improve processes, and manage quality measurement for their tool/process.
In this role, you will work closely with Quality engineers to improve product yield and to troubleshoot process flow from root causes to equipment tuning. In addition, Process/Equipment Engineers own and lead the stability, improvement, maintenance, and performance functions of the tools. They drive continuous improvement to tool/process to meet requirements of the manufacturing ramp.
- Sustain newly developed processes.
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of process engineering experiments,
- Perform hardware characterization and define process window and process-hardware interaction
- Provide troubleshooting assistance by collecting and presenting data from better understanding.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with customers to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision.
- Interact with development engineer to define new process and capabilities
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements
- Participate in defect reduction on tool set
- Drive output improvement on tool set.
- Communicate eyepiece and equipment status to the manufacturing organization in real time.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and qualification of equipment following detailed SOP
- Monitor and respond to abnormal equipment signals using SPC and other analytical techniques.
- Work with senior personnel and engineers to perform PM, troubleshooting and standard qualifications
- Correct and generate SOPs when required
- Train technicians as needed.
- 2+ years’ work experience in relevant field.
- Hands on experience in clean room, optics, semiconductor materials and characterization. (Wet Cleans or Lithography preferred)
- Demonstrate experience with technical problem-solving skills with multitasking capabilities
- Demonstrate experience with statistical process control methodologies and engineering analysis tools
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools a plus
- Ability to thrive in a multi-culture environment
- B.S. in Engineering (preferably chemical or mechanical) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.