This job might no longer be available.
Procedural Software Engineer
9 days ago
The Frostbite Engine group in EA is looking for a Procedural Software Engineer for the Frostbite team.
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
What you will do as Frostbite software engineer:
The mission of the Procedural team is to develop and bring the latest cutting-edge procedural technologies into Frostbite to help game teams around the world build bigger and richer games. A procedural team engineer is called to work from low-level mesh processing and low-level content database code up to high-level UI and DCC workflows code. We hope you will join our team to drive the procedural asset generation forward and contribute to the success of EA’s biggest titles.
- Help in developing procedural technology in the Frostbite Engine that provides leading-edge tools and libraries for games around the globe.
- Design, develop and implement high-quality code to deliver cutting edge features for EA's flagship products.
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other software engineers.
- Work with game teams to help them improve existing and develop new technologies
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- High level of proficiency with C++, and good understanding of C#
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing highly maintainable, structured and documented code
- Advanced software development skills such as, object-oriented design patterns, test driven development, etc.
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles.
- Strong ability to work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion.
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug.
Preferred/Optional Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of asset data pipelines, procedural asset generation
- Experience with Agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience with Python for scripting or tool development
- Experience with Houdini, Maya SDKs or other DCC tools
- Experience with geometry/mesh formats and processing
- Understanding of memory management, multi-core utilization, profiling and optimization
...and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you?
- Work in an environment with a flexible schedule and a great culture
- Make friends among smart and fun people
- Learn a massive amount of knowledge, skill sets and professional software development practices
- Participate in worldwide gaming-related events and conferences
- Have your name on the credits of the triple-A games based on Frostbite
- Have dedicated time allocated for innovation and prototyping personal projects
- Define personal development goals and be supported to achieve them
- Opportunity to travel to worldwide EA studios locations to collaborate with game and engine teams
- Comprehensive health and benefit packages
- Of course, free video games.
And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation and benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA... and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.