Procedural Engineering Manager
16 days ago
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing new engine features and outstanding tools. Our experienced team from across the globe is dedicated to building creative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries' most visually stunning games with deep player experiences in the industry.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite uses its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Create and apply creative technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated and willing to reach it to ship the next game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
The Frostbite Procedural team is a multicultural and multi time-zone team, with members in Canada, UK and Romania.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Procedural team, leading our Montreal engineers.
- 3+ year's experience in a similar role.
- Software Engineering Leadership - Know how to develop quality software and know if we do that with the current plan/work.
- Distributed Development – Will work in distributed/remote development across multiple locations and with managing people remotely.
- Team - must be people managers. - Can get the best out of a diverse team of people even when delivery pressure is high.
- Deep domain knowledge. In most cases we will look for managers to be knowledgeable in the technology space of their team to allow them the best chance of being able to determine if the team is making quality software for the purpose requested.
Professional Interactions expected:
- Report to the domain Engineering Manager.
- Work with the TD of the domain to ensure that production work has a design and that any local and global architecture effects are understood.
- Work with QV to ensure that we have a clear testing strategy for all current and developing technology, including a clear understanding of benchmarking, code coverage and working together on root cause analysis.
- Work with the Project management team to help build solid plans for the next quarter and track the progress of commitments for this quarter.
- The Engineering Manager has a voice in the building of the roadmap but their main focus will be on how we provide (with the TD) rather than what.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know: