Senior User Researcher
10 days ago
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes some of the biggest franchises in gaming. This includes blockbuster titles such as NBA2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, WWE2K, Civilization, XCOM, and more. We publish games for console systems, PCs, smartphones, tablets, and VR, and these titles fall into some of today’s most popular genres, including shooters, action, open world, RPG, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The User Research group at 2K employs an array of methodologies to give developers the feedback and tools to make better games. We are a team of passionate, diverse gamers who know, analyze, and play not just our games, but all games (the good and the bad) to identify trends and to go beyond the numbers to provide insight into our research.
What We Need:
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to drive the research strategy and facilitation on a variety of game franchises! This involves partnering with studios to learn their needs and applying a wide assortment of research methods including playtesting, usability testing, concept testing, telemetric analysis, surveys and more.
If you love video games, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can make a real difference to the final product, and you have knowledge of the video game industry, then this position might be for you! We want someone who not only has a strong background in User Research but who also thoroughly enjoys the process, the results, and the impact they can have on the games they support.
What You Will Do:
- Deeply collaborate with various developers to help tailor studies to the particular needs of each game team
- Plan and implement research studies at moments of significant impact
- Clearly and concisely deliver findings to all relevant partners, including developers and production
- Collaborate with external vendors to offer additional services
- Develop creative solutions to overcome roadblocks and develop a testing schedule that provides data early enough to make substantial changes
Who We Believe Would Be an Excellent Fit:
- Proven track record in UX research or usability testing
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methods
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including moderation
- Ability to analyze and visualize qualitative and quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights
Preference for Candidates with:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- 4+ years of experience in User Experience Research
- SPSS, Salesforce, and Tableau experience
- Experience in the video games industry, especially AAA console/PC products
- Experience with team development
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required