Rogue Company - Principle Game Designer
15 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Principle Game Designer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on our new project Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Principle Game Designer does at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Drives leading edge projects / initiatives that impact critical directions of the organization.
- Through personal effort, supports attainment of multiple short- and mid-term objectives of the organization.
- Solves unique problems in unprecedented ways. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to develop solutions that affect several departments.
- "Evangelizes" new ideas / technologies / solutions to a wide range of audiences. Receives work in the form of objectives that regularly require the use of innovation.
- Regularly determines new approaches and/or develop major new technical tools.
- Guides and mentors a wide range of audiences.
- Work is subject to committee review at major milestones.
- Operates within the context of operating objectives.
We are looking for someone with:
- Professional game development experience with at least one shipped title and 5+ years professional experience as a designer for games.
- A principle individual contributor that designs games at the interface, content and engineering levels.
- Drive the design of level layouts and the development of game designs and related product lines. Game designs may set new game or industry precedents.
- Create story boards for assigned games and prepares conceptual game design documents.
- Ensure that prototypes of assigned games are developed to meet specifications.
- Define or works with assigned design teams to define the creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content for assigned games.
- Interact with producer regarding design concepts and to ensure that the concepts and content of assigned games meet the requirements of the organization's brand and product lines.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external creative resources.
- Work with the organization's top executives to evaluate and make feature, schedule and resource trade-offs.
- Act as game design visionary.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages.
- A strong attention to detail. Experience in iterative game development.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner.
- Deep player expertise in one or more game genres.
- Whether its professional or personal work, we would like to see gameplay in your portfolio that you developed from concept to finish. We like to see portfolios that showcase strong game design skills - sensibility, gameplay, technical skills, documents, etc. If your portfolio includes work that you developed as part of a team, we would like to know the specifics of what you contributed versus what was handled by others.