This job might no longer be available.
Rogue Company - Game Designer
8 months ago
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Game Designer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on our new project Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Game Designer does at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Pitch innovative game features that are designed to improve customer acquisition, engagement and/or monetization, but overall must be fun.
- Collaborate with the engineering and art team to effectively implement new features and systems.
- Manage game systems, economics & mechanics.
- Modeling and tuning complex game systems.
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes.
- Analyze live data and player feedback to continually optimize existing game experience.
We are looking for someone with:
- 2+ years of game design experience.
- Professional game development experience with at least one shipped title.
- Ability to analyze gameplay mechanics and feature designs.
- Able to design game systems, individual gameplay features & player progressions.
- Understanding of game balance, including statistics, virtual goods, economics and user motivations.
- Understanding of interaction design concepts and principles.
- Able to excel in a rapid iteration environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for creating exciting experiences for players including the ideation of characters and obstacles.
- Bachelor's degree required.