Principal Visual Designer
16 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for a talented, experienced Principal level Visual Designer to help us elevate Fortnite’s UI. In this position, you will collaborate with other Principals, Directors, and Leads to craft a new forward facing design vision for Fortnite’s UI. Your role will be to think holistically about Fortnite’s visual design and help us chart and execute a new fresh direction forward.
In this role, you will
- Establish design pillars, thematics, and principles for Fortnite’s future facing UI.
- Build visual design systems and establish cohesive visual patterns for motion, FX, UI transitions, tweens, tone, color, motion, typography, scale, and proportion that act as a force multiplier and unifier for the rest of Fortnite's UX/UI team.
- Help educate and mentor visual designers on the team.
- Balance thinking about the macro view of Fortnite’s visual design and the micro view of how the newly established vision is articulated in the small details in a cohesive way.
- Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements that compliment what the rest of the team is creating.
- Think about and plan for how visual design needs to change across diverse range of platforms.
- Lead efforts to define, maintain, and evolve how we use tools and manage visual design assets across the team.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
- You have extensive experience working with multidisciplinary teams to ship AAA quality UI and UX.
- Experience with any intersection between 3D and UI: cameras, lighting, framing, post-processing, spatial UI, diegetic UI.
- You design at a high level. Your work shows your ability to craft design systems that solve complex problem spaces and guide entire products.
- A strong portfolio showing your work and insight into your process. Your work should show your ability to balance contrast, hierarchy, alignment, color, and composition into quality visual and interactive designs.
- You’re highly proactive and able to work autonomously, but really enjoy collaborating as part of a high performing team.
- You have a passion for making and playing games.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive individual who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
- Experience with Unreal Engine, UMG, and designing and/or building 3D graphics.
- You have worked on 5+ AAA game titles.
- Unreal Motion Graphics UI Designer experience.
- Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.