Principal UI Artist
19 days ago
About ProbablyMonsters’ Battle Barge Team
Our mission is to create boundless adventures that bring people together. We believe shared experiences build connections and give us a sense of belonging. By involving players in our development process, we build richer and more vibrant worlds that become welcoming places for everyone to gather. We are currently working on an unannounced, original AAA Co-op RPG and warmly welcome those ready to take on new challenges and grow in a highly collaborative and supportive team environment.
We are proud to be part of ProbablyMonsters, which secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our team with the resources and creative freedom needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers.
We are seeking a Principal UI Artist who is experienced in creating and leading the vision for exceptional UI with a focus on motion and design. Being able to create industry leading visual design for a new IP which translates into highly usable interfaces from concept to final polish.
The salary range for this position is $147,815 to $239,500. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are personally driven to achieve excellence in both Visual and UX design. You have a strong foundation in graphic design and understand how that can translate into great game interfaces.
- You are comfortable translating design specs into wireframe/pitches and final visual design.
- You excel at communicating cross-team with designers, artists, and engineers to solve complex UI related challenges.
- You are excited to work on a new IP with a team of motivated professionals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Collaborate with the Art Director to lead the artistic vision and direction of the game’s UI, setting the standard for visual quality and style.
- Concept and create intuitive, industry defining static and animated UI for in-game screens, features and content utilizing prototyping software and/or 3D software.
- Execute high-quality UI design with a keen eye for detail, maintaining consistency throughout the entire project interface.
- Implement UI elements alongside team members and other departments with a focus on player readability, motion, and style.
- Coordinate with QA and other team members to identify and call out visual inconsistencies.
- Drive UI features forward and represent the art team in UI conversations, both internally and externally.
- Provide guidance to Senior, mid-level and junior artists, helping them reach their full potential and reach project requirements.
- Actively participate in project planning and strategy to best service the game project as a whole.
- 12+ years of game development experience as a UI artist in games or equivalent.
- Proven ability to solve high level problems with UX and Design while considering accessibility, optimization, and efficiency.
- Strong understanding of practical benefits and limitations of engine technologies.
- A portfolio which demonstrates a mastery of UI art and design.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- Experience with UE4 or UE5 with knowledge of Shaders, Widgets, Blueprint and/or VFX is a big plus.
- The ideal candidate would have a portfolio showcasing their skills in motion graphics with a focus on flashy, punchy and fun visual effects.
- Knowledge of any 3d package is a big plus.
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including sign-on bonus, annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures. .
ProbablyMonsters is an independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. Each team is led by creative leaders united under a strong, focused vision. They're given the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.