Principal Technical Artist
18 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive, located in the greater-Boston area. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team.
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture and 94% of employees say their workplace is great. We are however, dedicated to building our best workplace yet.
Ghost Story Games is in search for a Principal Technical Artist to join our team remotely or in-person in our Greater Boston area office. Take your keen eye for quality and innovative drive for “what’s hot” and “what’s not” in games. New technologies? Check. Emerging trends? Check. Be on the front lines, take on challenges, share your findings with leadership and work through the eyes of the gamer.
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE ON:
- Develop and maintain a “bridge” between art, design, and engineering.
- Ensure that all assets hit the quality bar established by the art director, as well as objective standards, from initial asset creation to final polish and optimization for consoles.
- Support the development team specifically around art needs, build and iterate on production assets and monitor the needs of your team to ensure a clean handoff of assets.
- Work with outsourcing art production teams.
- You are an innovator who has competitive awareness and seeks out new technologies and emerging trends and are comfortable making strategic recommendations to leadership.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of in-house development experience.
- Shipped one game similar to BioShock in terms of scope.
- Strong Unreal 4 and Blueprint experience.
- You are a master of your craft and can communicate complex technical challenges to non-technical individuals and vice versa.
- Player focus and drive to view all work product from the point of view of the gamer.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Experience with high-level scripting languages like Python, LUA, or C#/JAVA
- Experience with materials, shaders, and fully dynamic lighting
- Experience with zbrush, maya, max, Photoshop, substance experience
- Knowledge in character, vfx, animation pipelines
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity, and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.