Principal Sound Designer (Narrative Adventure)
12 days ago
A visionary game development studio founded in 2012, Firesprite builds innovative showcase titles for PlayStation platforms as part of the PlayStation Studios family.
Would you enjoy the freedom to create AAA games working from anywhere in the UK, including our Liverpool studio?
We're looking for a Principal Sound Designer on dark, narrative driven blockbuster title with genre defining goals. This highly ambitious project takes atmosphere, narrative and player agency firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation Unreal 5 & hardware technologies.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Sound Designer looking for their next challenge, as the team is at an early stage, you will ensure the audio design is a central pillar of the development.
As a Principal Sound Designer, you will be regarded as at the same level as a lead but focused on specialising within the craft without undertaking line management responsibilities. You will closely collaborate with all disciplines to craft soundscape to the highest standard. You will be proactive, highly motivated, and approachable, and you will create all manner of audio systems and assets to a high standard.
- Be an additive part of all major audio decisions on a AAA game
- Work closely with the Audio Director in establishing the audio style and benchmarks of the project.
- Identify areas for innovation / problem solving and pro-actively collaborate on creative and technical solutions
- ‘Feature Owner’ of major aspects of the audio, liaising with cross-discipline teams to deliver exceptional quality
- Taking audio features from initial ideation, through documentation, prototype, and full production
- Create original sound effects using synthesis, location & studio recordings as well as utilising in-house and commercial sound libraries
- Comfortable creating and mixing audio for linear media (such as cutscenes, trailers, online/broadcast media, etc)
- Support recruitment and junior members of the audio team
- When required, collaborate with external audio vendors
- Accurate milestone planning and reviews
- Proficient in DAW workstations (Reaper, Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo, etc)
- Experience using third party middleware, especially WWise & UE4/5
- Console experience and an understanding of their limitations and advantages
- Experience with task management software (Jira, Hansoft, etc)
- Experience with version control software (Perforce, SVN, etc)
- Proactive, self-sufficient, collaborative approach to work
- Demonstrate good communication & coordination between the audio team and other disciplines (art, programming, level design, design & production).
- Ability to own and deliver high-quality work, with no guidance from others
- Exceptional creativity and sound design skills
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Significant professional game development experience with an impressive portfolio
- Experience working in a Senior + role on at least one published AAA title (preferably console)
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.