This job might no longer be available.
Principal Software Engineer - Kubernetes
1 month ago
Come join the team at Zynga making an impact across all of the company’s games - Central Technology! We focus on shared client & server tech that drives the core gameplay experience under the hood. We’re looking for exceptional engineers with a passion for technology and the ability to work with a diverse team. You will play a key role in helping architect, build and improve backend services for our games and will be especially focused on scaling our containerization efforts and extending our multi-tenant Kubernetes/EKS clusters.
- Provision, improve and maintain Kubernetes clusters hosting critical live services
- Implement new backend infrastructure/applications/services running in AWS
- Optimize & refactor existing services to improve reliability, scalability, security and to lower cost
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Peer review your fellow engineers' work.
- Participate in tech reviews and align with the team and Zynga-wide technical vision
- Proactively identify & recommend improvements to address systemic pain points and tech debt
- Follow engineering best practices to ensure code quality, performance and reliability
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to understand product/customer requirements and propose technical solutions
- Provide production & integration support for shared technology across Zynga games
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Professional-level knowledge in maintaining, monitoring and extending Kubernetes at scale
- Deep understanding of Container and related technologies
- Experience using AWS EKS in production environments
- Experience in programming RESTful services using GoLang, Java, Python, and/or PHP
- Strong familiarity with AWS or other cloud computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Deep understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging, security and performance optimization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in object-oriented design of applications/systems
- Experience with database systems (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with Helm and Terraform a plus
- Familiarity with Istio or other service mesh technologies a plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Offices provide catered lunch daily
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.