Principal Software Engineer
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC seeks a Principal Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA to establish linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce service platforms. Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent, and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience coding, testing, implementing and creating system documentation. Prior experience must include five (5) years of experience developing utility classes to create/update JSON requests/responses; designing use case and sequence diagrams to describe the flows in solutions and architecture documents; writing web service's client/services to be invoked by multiple services; analyzing and solving issues while QA/UAT; designing proposals and ideas to analyze problems and creating solutions designs; performing functional and technical code review; code merging/labeling and resolving build issues; and in executing duties, utilizing Jenkins, Maven, Core Java, Spring Framework, ORM, Hibernate, Spring REST, Spring Web Service, JPA, REST, JSON, Jersey2, JAX-WS Tools, Http Analyzer, SOAP-Protocol, Web Services Security, Logging Frameworks, including SLF4J/Log4j/LogBack, Unit Test Frameworks, PowerMock/EasyMock, SOAP-UI, TCP Monitor, Jmeter, Ant, and JIRA. Send resumes to SNEI-Job-Postings@am.sony.com & indicate job code JS5133123.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.