Principal Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
9 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're currently looking for an exceptional Principal Software Engineer to join our San Francisco team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to build on one of the world’s most beloved franchises, while teaming up with some of the gaming industry’s top developers, designers and creatives!
- Architect and refine the game content pipeline, coordinating with non-engineer team members and managing expectations on deliverables.
- Take ownership of upcoming large game features and provide guidance to other engineers as a subject matter expert.
- Work directly with stakeholders on projects, providing critical technical information for design and product consideration.
- Create production ready, high quality code that can be easily maintained and shared.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent Software Engineering training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of core computer science fundamentals such as data structures, algorithms, memory management and their practical applications.
- Proven expertise in producing high-performance products, with focus on performance tuning and optimal resource utilization.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and diagnose issues in code.
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in the game industry or a related field.
- Experience with game content pipelines and development team tooling.
- Experience using and building tools for Maya.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a visionary spirit.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of Unity.
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience with Cocos2d-x.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.