Principal Software Engineer
19 days ago
SummaryWe're pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we're designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles, such as Game of Thrones TM, Sons of Anarchy and Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we're continually pushing the bar of creativity.
What you'll do
The Platform Team is responsible for supporting diverse gaming machine configurations, communication protocols and markets, and presenting the uniform base for game development. As a principal software engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, as well as maintaining existing ones. You will be contributing for the team's efforts in building solid basis for future growth, with a special emphasis on scalability, testability and maintainability.
What we're looking for
- Carry out technical assessments on requested features and identify scope of work/dependencies for development requirements.
- Improve the whole life cycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Take responsibility for the major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations as well as internal guidelines and overall system architecture.
- Build robust, scalable and testable software as a key member of the team.
- Ensure the quality of the design by following SOLID design principles, using established design patterns and productivity tools, as well as exploring new ways of improving the quality and the productivity of the team's output.
- Provide technical guidance and support for our stakeholders and other team members.
- Actively consult with the team members to reach the best possible outcomes for designs and implementation.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and articulately with team members and stake holders, and be respectful to those who disagree.
- Mentor team members.
- Extensive experience with C# and .net.
- All other duties as assigned.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of commercial development experience in C# with an emphasis on delivering libraries and frameworks
- Software development experience with object-oriented design.
- Familiarity with SOLID design principles and design patterns is required.
- Have the ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to articulate complex ideas to different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to drive new initiatives and persuade others to support them.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.