Principal Software Engineer
27 days ago
Job Posting TitlePrincipal Software Engineer
SummaryWe're pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into
every aspect of our business. Whether we're designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and
creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With cool new titles, such as Jackpot Carnival, Hunt For Neptune's Gold, and
Lightning Link along with our award-winning app Heart of Vegas, we're continually pushing the bar of creativity.
The GDK team is responsible for designing innovative solutions to support the imaginations of the greatest game creators in the industry. As a GDK
Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing and developing these solutions as well as providing Studio Engineers and Designers the tools and support required to make the world's greatest games. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be presented with complex problems spanning modules and operating systems and be presented with the most technically challenging questions. You will be the chief advocate and main subject matter expert on your designs and implementations. You will help other engineers perfect their implementations of your designs and you will also understand the feature and module ecosystem and provide expert guidance to peers on best-course implementations.
What You'll Do
- Reviewing the current technical standards, architectural framework and future roadmap. Defining or proposing improvements to them as required.
- Taking complete ownership of assigned features, starting from inception, design, development, test and maintenance.
- Working closely with management in assessing risks, planning of team projects and contingency management.
- Preparing proposals and presentations for business and technical audiences.
- Carrying out technical assessments on requested features and identify scope of work/dependencies for development requirements.
- Owning critical parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions.
- Developing fast, maintainable, quality code.
- Performing software testing, verification and validation.
- Conducting design reviews and contribute in improving code quality processes.
- Providing technical guidance and support to internal team(s) and to the stakeholders.
- Becoming a troubleshooter of last resort and owning the debugging of the most complex code to identify critical software issues.
What We're Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or its equivalent is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in C++ and familiarity with C# development is required.
- Expert in object-oriented design and programming.
- Experience of debugging and solving complex problems.
- Expert in software engineering best practices, including design patterns and UML.
- Adept with memory management and multi-threading processes.
- A passion for solving complicated problems and learning new skills.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of attention to detail.
- Possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common
- business goals and objectives.
- Have the ability to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written, communication, and customer service skills.
- Be able to work independently and also be team oriented.
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We’re a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Our goal is to pay a market competitive salary focusing near the median of our pay ranges. However, final offers for all positions will be based on several factors such as experience level, education, skills, work location, and internal pay equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.