Principal Software Engineer - Studio Tools and Infrastructure
6 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
The Studio Test Automation, Tools and Infrastructure Team provides tools and services to enable engineers to develop and test software that can be delivered to production quickly and efficiently while maintaining an exceptional level of quality.
Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to provide the tools and test infrastructure they need. You will work on projects at every stage of the pipeline, improving the CI test experience all the way through to load testing the deployment in production.
As a team, we believe in fast iteration and are biased toward action while keeping the long view as we work on projects relating to:
- Building entire integrated solutions for Roblox with regards to cross-service validation during CI/CD
- Building an ML driven platform for test recommendation based on risk and coverage
- Developing innovative visualization tools.
- Building test framework libraries and new services.
- Experienced: You have worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases.
- Motivated: With a development track record and 6+ years shipping high complexity code
- A Technical Leader: Providing mentorship to those around you by advocating for solid coding practices
- Platform knowledge: You can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Curious: You want to learn and stay up-to-date on technology developments
- Collaborative: Enjoy working with other teams and disciplines to design elegant solutions that are scalable, compliant, and delightful
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Develop engine code in the area to allow automated regression testing with Thin Scriptable Client
- Manage enormous projects that span multiple teams.
- beautiful Ship code, following high coding standards and establishing new ones.
- Work for your team, being a force multiplier by unblocking issues and bridging the gaps between organizations.
- Be a Technical Lead by mentoring engineers to ensure your team's expertise grows over time.
- Work with your product partners to establish the roadmap and lead the project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, products, and designs to develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass