Principal Software Engineer - Studio Core
2 days ago
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
As a Principal Studio Software Engineer , you will be a key contributor to the evolution of Roblox Studio as a world-class IDE. Roblox Studio facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You will help Roblox Studio break new grounds for the gaming industry and software engineering.
- Experienced , 8+ years in developing and deploying complex software for massive cloud-based systems, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical field
- Design and execute on the architecture and technical direction of multi-quarter features that will be the future of our application
- Hands-on with C++ and Boost libraries, multithreading and networking. Experience with QT/QML, MFC or other UI frameworks for desktop applications is a plus
- Proficient with industry standards, best practices and design patterns
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code
- Passionate about solving complex problems that is not solved easily
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution
- Work cross functionally , across teams and technology platforms
- Mentor team members helping them improve their professional skills and expertise
- Design, develop, and implement technological practices, patterns, and strategies
- Participate in building the world's best professional application for massively multiplayer game development
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rockstar status with our community
Roblox – Powering Imagination.