This job might no longer be available.
Principal Software Engineer, Gameplay
New York, NY, United States
6 months ago
Zynga is looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our growing team in Austin. We are looking to strengthen a small, tight-knit team focused on exploring new opportunities on emerging casual games on highly social platforms. Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played instantly by millions? As a Principal Engineer you'll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. The ideal candidate will be a motivated engineer that works well in fast-moving teams, and can contribute at all levels of the mobile tech stack.
- Develop gameplay systems in TypeScript, WebGL and Go
- Develop UI systems in React and Vue.js
- Explore and integrate new and developing technologies and APIs
- Rapidly prototype new game features and ideas
- Follow engineering best practices, including code reviews, collaborative design with team members, documentation, and retrospectives
You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated codebase with high levels of abstraction. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. You will be joining a high-quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent) with a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- 7+ years industry experience in software development
- Experience building mobile games for iOS and Android
- Excellent communication skills - particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
The following skills are considered strong plusses but are not required:
- Experience with multiplayer game concepts and networking strategies like client-side prediction
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Facebook, Snapchat, or other related 3rd party SDK experience
- Experience with AWS, GCP, k8s and related technologies
- Experience with mobile game engines such as Unity and PlayCanvas
What we offer you:
- Zynga RSUs, 401k match and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision insurance benefits as well as life insurance
- Lunch catered daily - stocked snack areas
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Emergency childcare support
- Active Employee Resource Groups - Women at Zynga, ZPride, ZParents and more
- Dog Friendly offices
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Open vacation policy for most employees, generous vacation for other
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Gym Benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Casual dress every single day
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.