This job might no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer II (Java)
1 year ago
Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
The Adserver team at MobilityWare is building a suite of client and server technologies to deliver advertising to our huge audience of engaged players worldwide. The Senior Software Engineer II will be working on a set of micro-services which would have high transaction per second and will be responsible to build and own large components of the system. You will help with the architecture, write technical specs, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable services in a high volume and low latency environment. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who enjoys working in dynamic, agile development environments. The solutions you create would drive step increases in monetization across the suite of Mobilityware apps and ensure relevant ads are served to Mobilityware's customers.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery.
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex operational issues discovered in various Ad partner integrations.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Qualifications for Position:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques and tooling
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in troubleshooting production applications
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming and experience in Java, C#, Vertx, Netty, Jetty etc.
- 4+ years of experience building microservices or distributed cloud-based software systems, with an emphasis on fault tolerance, resilience, observability and operability.
- Prior experience building in high trafficking systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. This year we’re going to Los Cabos!
- We promise to keep you fed when we’re back in the office. We offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!