Principal Software Engineer, 3D Engine
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
11 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is looking to expand its Lumin Runtime team, we are looking for an exceptionally talented senior programmers who are ready for a challenge to help in the production of their proprietary Spatial computing application framework.
- Be proactive and able to help with ad-hoc problem solving.
- Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
- An avid enthusiast for Spatial computing and 3d technologies.
- Experience communicating the use of 3d engines and their scripting component framework both verbally and in written form.
- Must have a high attention to detail and extremely high bar for the quality of their work.
- Able to work independently, prioritize and handle pressure.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and anticipate business and product needs.
- Must have great time management skills to perform in a busy work environment.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- 12+ years experience in relevant industry.
- Advanced understanding in C/C++.
- Advanced understanding of computer graphics, 3d engines and 3d technology principles.
- Experience in OpenGL or Vulkan
- Strong understanding of Art pipeline
- Strong Multi-threading experience
- Console or Mobile development experience.
- AR/VR or spatial computing development experience.
- Custom game Engine development experience is a MUST
- An advanced understanding of 3d platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
- Worked on multiple published titles, At least 1xAAA title
- Experience with rendering languages Shaders.
- Strong computer science and math background.
- Experience with network code.
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and application production skills.
- Ability to do task breakdown and write documentation.
- Experience mentoring and collaborating with staff from multiple disciplines.
- Lead Experience in at least 2 projects.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or a related technical field.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.