Principal/Snr Mgr Finance & Strategy
San Francisco, CA, United States
9 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
In this role, y ou will support the VP Finance and work cross-functionally to lead all Corporate Finance & Strategy activities across the organization.
- Independently lead deal-making for all corporate finance and corporate development activities.
- Design the company financing strategy and execute on all debt and equity capital raising processes.
- Create framework and process to evaluate organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
- Negotiate, close, and integrate M&A, acqui-hire, and strategic investment opportunities in collaboration with key stakeholders .
- Prepare presentations synthesize key findings and deliver recommendations to the executive team.
- Build out the corporate finance & strategy function, including hiring, mentoring and developing employees.
- BS/BA degree required – candidates with an MBA preferred.
- 6 to 8 years of experience including in management consulting and/or investment banking.
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making and action.
- Proficient at leveraging analytics, data, financial models and insights to drive decision-making.
- Outcome oriented with very strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills; able to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines.
- Experience with internet and/or video gaming industry preferred but not required.