19 days ago
Bonfire Studios is seeking a Principal or Senior level Producer to drive the production of a multiplayer team-based competitive game, while also promoting and improving a great production culture.
Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As a producer on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to have a significant impact on the way we produce development and progress our IP towards the ultimate goal of creating amazing experiences for our players.
In this role you will…
- Partner with multi-disciplinary teams and leaders on creating production strategies and models that best serve their needs. Help solve problems, assess risks, remove roadblocks, and create efficiencies so that teams can make informed decisions and do their best work.
- Work with development and production partners on planning, organizing, and communicating changes and progress holistically across development of the game.
- Promote effective team collaboration, raise awareness of team issues and concerns, and help provide balance and guidance throughout team challenges Help the team be as effective as possible - proactively heading off issues and solving problems, prompting discussions and decisions, and making sure the team’s goals are aligned and clear.
- Drive communication, sharing key decisions and status across the team and with our development partners
- Gain deep understanding of how each area of the team works best, and how to maximize wider team efforts
- Work with the team to set near term goals as well as longer term plans, and implement methods to communicate them
- Organize and schedule effective meetings and other discussions within the team and with our partners
- Provide mentorship and guidance to others in areas of your expertise
- As a partner within Bonfire’s production team, work to continue evolving and implementing production methods throughout the studio
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have a strong track record as a successful producer on game teams, working from initial development through to launching and sustaining during live service
- Ideally have experience leading, managing, or mentoring others in the production space
- Have a rich toolbox of production skills, methods and best practices, along with the knowledge and experience of how to adapt an approach that works best within a specific environment or team
- Have multifaceted production experience using a variety of methods, and are able to identify opportunities to improve production processes and help mature them through all phases of development
- Are excited about the tackling the challenges that come with competitive multiplayer game development
- Are motivated, curious, and enjoy finding new ways to solve problems
- Enjoy collaborating and forming alignment within multi-disciplinary teams in an iterative development environment.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
You’ll love working at Bonfire because we…
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
The base salary range for this position is $148,000 - $236,000 USD. The range doesn't tell the whole story - we are always open to candidates at different stages in their careers and consider candidates' potential impact holistically, not just their years of experience or skill level. There is also more to our total comp package than salary, we offer equity to every new hire as well as a comprehensive benefits package and more. We will be happy to share more about our compensation opportunities when we chat with you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
You can learn more about Bonfire's studio culture, team, benefits, and perks on our website: www.bonfirestudios.com