Principal Senior Game Designer - Web3
7 days ago
Zynga is looking for a Principal / Senior Game Designer to join Zynga Web3 (ZW3)
Who we are (ZW3)
Our mission is to enable asset ownership through fun, high-quality and enduring games players can trust. If you want to help shape the future of gaming with a world-class team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Who you are
You have a passion for games and have mastered your craft in free-to-play design. You see the paradigm shift into games that allow players to truly own characters, items, etc. You are excited to pioneer new game designs and your deep understanding of complex game systems and economies has prepared you to collaborate closely with our key stakeholders to deliver designs from concept to implementation.
In your role with ZW3 you will play a key role in delivering best in case experiences to players while thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a talented and collaborative team.
- Advocate for fun in core gameplay and ideate new mechanics that works for both desktop and mobile controls
- Create new game systems and bridge them to mechanics in a uniformed way for sustainable player progression
- Conceptualize, design, and prepare documentation for new features and content including game modes, meta progression, social rule-based events and game economy models
- Be comfortable with leading the design of NFTs (and NFT drops), new tokens, both on-chain
- Work with Producers to schedule and scope features, providing them with the necessary system design documentation and mockups to deliver to art, engineering, and QA teams.
- Apply your design masteries to pioneer new best practices in systems design and game economies within a web3 setting
- 5+ years of game design experience. A generalist who has a deep understanding of gameplay mechanics, meta systems design, and economy modeling. Direct experience operating a top grossing game is a plus.
- Knowledge of macro, microeconomics, pricing theory, and statistics, especially in the free-to-play gaming industry
- Well verse in player progression, game balancing, and tuning/balancing simulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field
- Love for games and intrigued by blockchain and web3 technologies
- Understanding of free-to-play games and live ops
- Understanding of web3 gaming and secondary NFT markets helpful
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and, ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Telemedicine, Virtual mental health, Emotional Support Services, EAP, and neurodiversity support programs
- Family building new parent & menopause support
- Global Fitness Reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Charitable Giving and Volunteer Program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Back-up childcare
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $130,000 and $185,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.