Principal Product Manager - Responsible AI
24 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for a product leader with machine learning skills and knowledge of AI, who brings with them the ability to drive the highest standards for fairness and ethical outcomes for our creators and the communities they build. Reporting to the Sr Director of Personalization ML, you will partner with Engineering, Data Science and product teams to build functionality that explains internal models and identifies hidden biases in data to ensure models are fair and systems are optimized for equitable outcomes. It is important to note that this role is for a Product Manager, who has an understanding of machine learning algorithms and experience shipping products at scale. You have a passion for driving ethical AI development principles and developing the foundation and frameworks to support equitable outcomes for all of the unique Creators on Twitch.
You can work in San Francisco, CA, Irvine, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Salt Lake City, UT
- Establish a vision for Responsible AI at Twitch by leading R&D in relevant areas of Explainable, Equitable and Reliable AI
- Partner with our machine learning and data scientist leads to identify and resolve issues around trust, fairness, explainability and Creator advocacy.
- Learn enough about the Twitch ecosystem to advise on new functionality, features and techniques needed to benefit equitable outcomes for our Creators.
- Own the product strategy and roadmap for Responsible AI initiatives across the Community organization
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years working in the field of Machine Learning ethics, fairness & transparency, or a related industry
- Able to define success metrics for Responsible AI across the company
- Expertise in presenting complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders to explain impact and opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. )
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6969
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.