Principal Product Manager - Data for Mobile Gaming
Redwood City California United States
19 days ago
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built.
The Data & AI group in EADP oversees the Big Data platform for all franchises and business groups at Electronic Arts. This platform incorporates data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. The team provides the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, creative player experiences, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
As a senior member of our product management team, you will build a technology roadmap that expands our product offerings and provides new experiences to our customers with a focus on our mobile titles. You will help guide the long-term strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over important features and player experience. You will report to Sr. Director of Technical Product Management - Data & AI.
You will work with engineers, architects, program managers and other product managers to ensure delivery of data ingestion, quality, aggregation, access and visualization capabilities and products to meet the needs of the company.
You will bring excellent data access and data insights development tools to our analysts, data engineers and our producers and executives. This often involves development and customization of open source products and 3rd party solutions to meet the needs of the company.
Your detailed responsibilities include:
- Build data products and features to support acquisition, engagement, retention and monetization(AERM) in our games
- Oversee roadmap for AERM related products
- Promote new products and features to support mobile titles
- Ensure rapid iterations and experiments in our mobile titles by increasing easy to use features and products in data, personalization and AI portfolio
- Research trends and market patterns, industry research, and competitor product analysis to establish feature requirements and the product roadmap
- Develop Indicators for products owned
- Work with Program Management to communicate progress and status of releases, manage our priorities, escalate and resolve risks or misalignment.
- Work with Analytics, Marketing, Publishing teams Producers and exec level take holders to develop products and features
- Prepare and help implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful launch execution, and adoption
- Conduct product training to broader set of customers from developers to executives
- Manage products through their life cycle: idea, introduction, growth, and ending stages.
- Produce Measurements and use them to guide the future direction of the product
- Develop broader understanding of EA’s Digital Platform products and EA’s business to craft products and solutions
- Become the go-to person all mobile related products and features and the broader Data & AI platform
Experience and Education
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in platform product management
- 6+ years of experience in high scale online services
- Experience with the development of mobile games or applications
- Experience with the development of data products and features to support AERM operations of mobile apps or games
- Experience with development and use of personalization, experimentation or ad tech in mobile devices
- Familiar with one or more query engines like Presto, Hive,Snowflake and Redshift
- Experience in use of dashboarding apps like Looker, Tableau or others.
- Understand large-scale data, personalization and AI platform capabilities and enough technical depth across these capabilities to assess risk and find solutions.
- Understand software development life-cycle principles and online services management.
- Experience working with diverse teams and partners across complex organizations to achieve results.
- Experience managing engagement with executive level partners
- Advanced degree with a focus on business or product management, Master’s or MBA (nice to have).
- Convert complex asks into elegant and scalable products.
- User experience / design experience.
- Balances engagement and risk.
- Thoughtfulness, immerse yourself in data and identify important trends, opportunities and risks.
- Balance development capacity and operational readiness whilst keeping positive collaborative relationships.
- Act for process improvements
- Convincingly explain complex ideas to a variety of partners from different functions.
- Present to senior management.
- Have passion for the digital gaming space.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
You will report to the Sr. Director, Technical Product Management - Data & AI, and will require about 15% travel. We are considering candidates in Redwood City, CA, Austin TX or Vancouver, BC