Principal Product Manager, Data and Personalization - Activision Blizzard Media
California Foster City
12 days ago
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®. The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
As our Principal Product Manager for Data and Personalization, your mission should you choose to accept, will be to understand user behavior within our games to create engaging ad monetization experiences without impacting user lifetime value. You balance a passion for algorithms and creating highly functional and emotionally resonant ad experiences with a strong desire to understand user behavior and business success through data and consumer insights
Level Up - Your Role With Activision Blizzard Media
You will be responsible for the roadmap, feature definition, and prioritization of key areas of our ads personalization roadmap. Success requires a passion for building great products, enthusiasm for leading high performing teams, working in partnership with engineering, data science, sales, and partner success stakeholders in an agile product delivery environment. We are seeking a combination of strong vision, strategic leverage, team leadership, and high- velocity execution.
Game Changer - What You Bring To The Role
- Owns end- to- end product experience; brings demonstrated experience building or supporting AI/ML driven solutions as well as creating tests and experiments to drive in- product user lifetime value
- Strong understanding of user propensity models / decision engines
- Initiates the design, development, and implementation of analysis projects that optimize automated vs. manual decisions; applies analytical principles/concepts to problems; makes informed trade- offs to deliver results
- Knows when and how to be scrappy and entrepreneurial, hypothesis driven and analytical; exercises strong judgement when balancing risks and while making trade- off decisions
- Creates and evangelizes an inspirational roadmap in service of our users; can deploy impact- driven prioritization frameworks; can use and teach agile methodologies; can mentor junior PMs
- Has deep understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competitor insights; is obsessed with solving customer problems; stays close to the customer, industry trends and connected ecosystem to bring unique differentiation to the monetization experiences
- Able to build consensus using data, metrics, and analysis to drive business and system strategy; skilled in stakeholder management and communication at all levels of the organization; can effectively tailor communications to the appropriate audience to ensure broad alignment, awareness, and advocacy of the product
- Experience with in- game advertising and / or video ad serving platforms
- Bachelor's degree in technical field required with 5- 8 years experience as a product manager. MBA or Phd preferred
About Activision and Our Family of Brands
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Activision develops, distributes, and publishes deeply immersive interactive entertainment for gaming consoles, mobile and tablet platforms, and PCs, including blockbuster franchises like Call of Duty® and Skylanders®.
Blizzard Entertainment develops, distributes and publishes some of the most iconic entertainment experiences in gaming, such as World of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, Diablo®, Hearthstone®, and Heroes of the Storm™, for PCs, mobile and tablet platforms, and consoles.
King Digital Entertainment creates leading interactive entertainment for the mobile world. With more than 200 fun titles, King's franchises include Candy Crush ®, Farm Heroes®, Pet Rescue®, and Bubble Witch®.