Principal Previsualisation Artist - New Games
12 days ago
We are looking for a talented and multi- skilled Principal Pre- Visualisation Artist with a passion for games and story- telling. In this role, you will be embedded in an emergent department within our New Games business collaborating with both the games team and key Marketing partners.
With a great eye for visualisation and motion as well as a passion for game design mechanics, you’ll be helping teams capture their ideas and product vision, demonstrating creative and innovative solutions through pre- vis (3d & 2d) and motion design. You’ll also be key in driving User Acquisition through incredible video content that expands and sells the worlds we are building in our future and current franchises.
If you are a multidisciplinary artist with the drive to push forward the art and technology of interactive storytelling then we want to talk to you!
Your Role Within our Kingdom
You are a creative champion with a passion and drive for pre- visualisation. You have demonstrable knowledge of creating high quality, dynamic and effective pre- vis, game mock- ups and motion design.
· Work closely with Art Directors and other creative leaders to support projects with pre- vis as required. This may include things such as;
o Supporting senior creatives by participating in early game ideation and brainstorming
o Creation of animatics and (or ripomatics) to visualise game design ideas
o Create motion graphics sequences for game projects as required
o Creation of video/motion productions to show the creative ‘idea & flow’ of a game project and/or feature
· Work closely with Art and Marketing Leadership to create and direct world class User Acquisition Content. This may include things such as;
o Supporting marketing creatives by participating in campaign/testing ideation and brainstorming
o Creation of animatics
o Create of Pitch Vis quality CG
o Directing key partners to hit internal quality and style benchmarks
· Working with art leadership to champion the craft of pre- vis in Kings creative process, ensuring that its use adds value in terms of quality and production efficiency. This may include being involved in;
o On- site work in studios
o Setting visual benchmarks for game projects
o Team presentations and workshops
o Training sessions
· Work with the New Games Technical Art Group to deliver on R&D where appropriate including
o Testing of relevant tools
o Setting visual targets
o Refining motion graphics techniques and pipelines
o Providing input into tools and shaders in development as required
Skills To Create Thrills
In the role of Principal Pre- Visualisation Artist, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills;
- Advanced skills in pre- visualisation, animation (motion design), and pre- rendered special effects
- Demonstrable experience of visual storytelling, including layout, composition, cinematography and staging
- Thorough knowledge of Maya is essential, you will have experience in modelling and texturing 3d content as well as basic character animation
- Deep knowledge of digital visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing software (After Effects, Premier etc)
- An excellent eye for detail
- An in- depth understanding of all fundamental graphic design principles
- Versatility with a dedicated, autonomous and skilled approach to game and visual design challenges
- An expert in visual communication with an ability to quickly create concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate your ideas
- Strong listening and interpretation skills, with an ability to decipher game designs and how to visualise them effectively
- A creative leader with strong communication skills (verbal and written) you have the ability to confidently present ideas and concepts to groups of people as well as teaching new skills to other artists
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to self- organise well, plan effectively and work autonomously
- A basic understanding of the technical requirements of a game
- An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
Making the World Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, then we’d love to talk with you.
A Great Saga Needs Diverse Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.