Principal Mixed Reality Developer - Apps Connectivity Platform
Culver City, CA, Plantation, FL (HQ), Sunnyvale, CA, Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland
3 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to build world-class mixed reality Socially Spatial Applications for multiple languages on the Magic Leap platform. We have a rich roadmap planned for empowering users to socially interact within this new spatial computing environment. We need a strong technical contributor with both breadth and depth of technical skills and a passion for social applications - meetings, presentation, chats. You must have experience shipping C++ mobile/embedded applications with polished user experiences and experience and passion for multi-language products. You must understand the android OS architecture (AOSP) and have experience developing and debugging system apps. You will have the opportunity to work with User Experience team, architecture, systems engineers, and applications developers. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Build, debug, and debug mixed reality frameworks, tools, applications
- Ability to report on project status, plan architecture, and present product vision to others
- Work across apps and teams to language localize applications
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Utilize native libraries to enable advance application features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- 10+ years experience developing mobile software apps
- Experience programming applications on Android platform
- Desire to grow expertise in modern C++, Unity3D/C#, 3D Graphics, and 3D Math
- Experience shipping applications in multiple platforms in multiple languages for a global market.
- A passion for protecting children and empowering parents
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks and API’s.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Very strong programming skills - extensive experience with C++ required.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Basic understanding of 3D Math and 3D Graphics - and a desire to become an expert.
Nice to have
- Experience with parental controls, restrictive technologies and website filtering
- Experience with Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality
- Experience with OpenGL, Unity3D, Qt3D, WPF or other 3D graphics API
- Experience with C++ and/or C#
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using wiki, chat, and Jira.
- Ability to read Japanese
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines