Principal Marketing Lead, EMEA & LATAM
9 days ago
The Bungie International Publishing team is looking for a Senior Marketing Lead with a proven track record of success in the gaming, tech or entertainment industry to lead the planning & development of our regional marketing strategy for EMEA & LATAM. In this role, you will work directly with the Director of International Marketing to identify strategic opportunities to deliver against our core business KPIs. You will lead the EMEA & LATAM marketing team and be responsible for developing and executing our end-to-end go-to-market strategy for Destiny’s markets outside North America and collaborating closely with multi-disciplinary teams across Bungie Publishing and Destiny Franchise leadership to effectively deliver those plans.
You are passionate about marketing and highly organized with an ability to juggle and prioritize a multitude of projects. You are well versed in pivoting business priorities quickly and driving clarity in complex situations. The ideal candidate has enthusiasm for innovative, modern marketing, an understanding of the business relationships required to support sales goals, and the ability to reach local audiences with a customized approach. To find success, you will need to excel at long-distance cross-team collaboration and communication while also championing internationally focused and region-specific marketing initiatives.
This role will be based out of the Netherlands and report to the Director of International Marketing.
- Develop a deep customer-centric understanding of Bungie and Destiny in key EMEA & LATAM markets, including product, marketing, and community insights to facilitate the creation of key marketing strategies to meet our franchise, business, and marketing goals.
- Act as the EMEA & LATAM regional expert and liaison between Bungie’s US-based marketing, communications and franchise teams.
- Lead and support the EMEA & LATAM Marketing team to develop and drive regional marketing campaigns, support global international sales initiatives, and oversee the execution of all high-impact marketing activities
- Work with the Director of International Marketing to identify and size the unique opportunities and priorities in the region, and determine the budgets needed to achieve success against our AOP goals
- Guide strategy, prioritization, and planning across all EMEA & LATAM regions for all digital platforms, including web, mobile, social, and partner platforms, identifying tailored approaches for each market that will lead us to success
- Provide routine strategic thought leadership and brand strategies via virtual planning sessions to build strong and cohesive relationships between your region and the global marketing effort
- Working with the Director of International Marketing, support the planning and execution of optimal strike plans for the Destiny franchise, considering available resources and International commercial goals
- Develop a thorough understanding of the brand health of the Destiny franchise across key priority markets and use this to create action plans to improve key brand attributes
- Lead regional agency management and identify requirements to achieve our regional goals, working to maximize effectiveness of our resources, wherever possible, while also identifying unique efforts and creative executions necessary for each region
- Track and report on the performance of regional marketing initiatives and make recommendations to improve effectiveness while maintaining a high degree of financial control
- Create and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with our partners spanning multiple regions and countries to shape, define, and drive uncompromised, best-in-class digital experiences for our customers
- 10+ years’ experience working with business and marketing units that span and serve multiple international regions
- A mastery of written and verbal communication, and the ability to build and create consensus through data, compelling case studies, and engaging presentations
- Strong communication and project management skills, as well as a demonstrable ability to influence others with good judgement, sound decisions, and results in a creative, rapidly evolving marketplace that demands and rewards innovation
- A willingness to share your hard-won regional expertise and opinions to deliver data backed, creative, insightful, and technically proficient marketing strategy.
- Experience delivering highly performant regional sales and marketing campaigns
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, schedule and plan across several ongoing projects
- Experience managing a team with the ability to mentor and guide the team through complex decision making and prioritization of projects.
- Ability to navigate complex crisis management scenarios and find creative solutions to unplanned challenges
- Deep familiarity with the Destiny franchise and its online player communities
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, and mobile and companion experiences
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Most Bungie employees and contractors will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective employees located outside of CA, FL, IL, NC, OR, TX, or WA will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.