Principal Infrastructure Engineer
15 days ago
As a key leader of Kabam’s IT department, the Principal Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for leading key IT systems and infrastructure projects, including public and private cloud initiatives. The incumbent is a cross-functional lead, and has knowledge and influence across many IT subject areas. The incumbent is responsible for proposing, planning, and executing systems, cloud and infrastructure projects for Kabam’s multiple studio locations. This is a challenging role requiring the ability to understand complex technical issues and propose effective solutions. As a senior member of our IT team, the incumbent will also be responsible for mentoring and leading other IT colleagues. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to hear from you!
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer is primarily responsible for:
- Reviewing current the current state of IT infrastructure at Kabam and identifying issues or opportunities for improvement
- Creating an infrastructure roadmap for major projects and getting buy-in on this roadmap from senior leadership
- Managing said projects through start to finish as both project manager and subject matter expert
- Designing, implementing and supporting automation and integration between systems, platforms, services providers, and APIs.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to diagnose and resolve infrastructure issues and move projects forward.
- Mentoring other IT colleagues to develop their knowledge of IT Infrastructure
- Responding to major infrastructure issues as needed and leading the response and investigation for any outages or critical failures.
- 10+ years’ of experience in a similar role, preferably in the high-tech or games industry
- Diploma in IT Infrastructure or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of IT Enterprise Architecture and infrastructure including Cloud Architecture, administration, and management, Systems and Network Architecture and administration, Database concepts and Management, Virtualization technologies, Communications Solutions, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity frameworks and IT Compliance and Governance subject matter.
- Experience with IT transformation and migration projects
- Ability to script, code, and analyze automation between systems and infrastructure components
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner with colleagues at all levels of an organization
- Ability to document IT architecture, systems and processes according to industry standards
- Ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations/business cases to executive stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead teams to achieve project goals
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and departments and manage multiple stakeholder priorities
- Demonstrated leadership ability to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Administration, Organizational Administration, Database Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Mobility Solutions, Communications Solutions, and IT Compliance and Governance.
Bonus, nice to have:
- Track record of success regarding cloud migration projects either full or hybrid.
- Knowledge of load balancer and cluster/container orchestration with Cloud providers
- Track record of guiding transformation projects with minimal disruption to business continuity
Our success is due to the hard work of our people. We share our success with our people through flexible benefits and reward programs, sweet swag, snacks, and more. Here’s a look at some of the support we provide our people:
- Extended Health Coverage: effective day one, no waiting period! Our benefits cover health, dental, life, disability, and extended paramedical services such as vision care, mental health practitioners, massage, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and much more.
- DEIB Benefits: DEIB is important to us and to our people - that’s why our benefits include gender-affirming care, fertility care, and other hormonal treatments and drugs.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: our benefits are built on a flex credit model, so you’re able to choose the coverage levels that are right for you, and allocate the rest to a group RRSP/TFSA, Health Spending account, and/or Personal Spending Account.
- RRSP Matching: everyone retires eventually, and we help our people save for their futures with a contribution matching program once you reach 90 days with us.
- PTO and Parental Leave: we offer paid parental leave, unlimited paid time off, paid time off for volunteering, sick leave, and holiday closures.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program: this program provides crisis management support, immediate mental health care, and generalized support for emotional, mental, and financial well-being.
- Telus Virtual Health: we provide increased access to remote healthcare providers for prescription refills or referrals from the comfort of your home.
- Learning and growth: We encourage people to grow both personally and professionally, and support this through regular lunch & learns and an education stipend.
- Pay transparency: We share with employees the pay range their role falls within and clear career maps to determine how they can grow within their role or level-up to a promotion.
- Cool spaces: Our offices are in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Montreal, Prince Edward Island, and Seoul. Whether it’s summers on the rooftop patio in Downtown Vancouver, watching the fireworks in Montreal’s South Shore, or trying local eats in Downtown Charlottetown - we want our people to feel like their time spent in office is worthwhile!
- Giving back: Our ‘Agents of Change’ initiative is how we support the communities close to our heart, and we have several events and fundraisers every year that Agents of Change organize.
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.