Senior System and Network Administrator
14 days ago
As a key member of Kabam’s IT department, the Principal Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for leading key IT systems and infrastructure projects, including public and private cloud initiatives. The incumbent is a cross-functional lead, and has knowledge and influence across many IT subject areas. The incumbent is responsible for proposing, planning, and executing systems, cloud and infrastructure projects for Kabam’s multiple studio locations. This is a challenging role requiring the ability to understand complex technical issues and propose effective solutions. As a senior member of our IT team, the incumbent will also be responsible for mentoring other IT colleagues.
As a Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you are expecting to:
- Reviewing current the current state of IT infrastructure at Kabam and identifying issues or opportunities for improvement
- Creating an infrastructure roadmap for major projects and getting buy-in on this roadmap from senior leadership
- Managing said projects through start to finish as both project manager and subject matter expert
- Designing, implementing and supporting automation and integration between systems, platforms, services providers, and APIs.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to diagnose and resolve infrastructure issues and move projects forward.
- Mentoring other IT colleagues to develop their knowledge of IT Infrastructure
- Responding to major infrastructure issues as needed and leading the response and investigation for any outages or critical failures.
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- 8+ years’ of experience in a similar role, preferably in the high-tech or games industry
- Diploma in IT Infrastructure or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of IT Enterprise Architecture and infrastructure including Cloud Architecture, administration, and management, Systems and Network Architecture and administration, Database concepts and Management, Virtualization technologies, Communications Solutions, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity frameworks and IT Compliance and Governance subject matter.
- Ability to script, code, and analyze automation between systems and infrastructure components
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and professional manner with colleagues at all levels of an organization
- Ability to document IT architecture, systems and processes according to industry standards
- Ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations to executive stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead teams to achieve project goals
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and departments and manage multiple stakeholder priorities
- Demonstrated leadership ability to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Architecture, Cloud Administration, Organizational Administration, Database Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Mobility Solutions, Communications Solutions, and IT Compliance and Governance.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.