Principal Gameplay Engineer (Unannounced Project)
19 days ago
Does the challenge of creating a gorgeous AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you can do exactly that, join a new creative project that is being built based on player feedback and be part of something truly unique.
We are based in Guildford, self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
The role will involve working on gameplay systems of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the gameplay programming team, your lead and designers to implement various gameplay features.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking motivated team player who is able to work within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community, to create and be responsible for the crucial communication between player and game, to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
The Principal Gameplay Programmer reports to the Lead Programmer or Tech Director and can be based remotely or hybrid working in our Guildford studio.
What will you do?
- Develop gameplay features and systems for a free-to-play UE4 based PC game, in close collaboration with other disciplines (art, design, backend etc.)
- Prove out gameplay ideas by working with designers during the prototype stage to hone the gameplay.
- Work closely with your lead to mentor and train the other programmers on the team. Review and feedback on their work.
- Be the vanguard for improvements in the tech department.
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience developing networked multiplayer games in the industry.
- Solid C++ skills.
- Solid mentoring/management skills.
- Unreal 4 development experience.
- PC and current gen console development experience.
- Loves working in cross-discipline feature teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with highly distributed teams.
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
- Familiarity with multiple areas of code; including AI, physics, networking, optimization, etc
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.