Principal Game Designer - Farm Heroes Saga
11 days ago
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, collaboration- orientated, Principal Designer to join an incredible diverse team, working on one of the biggest and most successful mobile games in the world. As a Principal designer, you will have responsibility and accountability for the design, implementation, user testing and delivery of the systems and design architecture of the game.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
- You are an expert in multiple areas of game design and can act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- In collaboration with the Head of Farm Heroes Saga and a strong Game Team, you are able to work on a complex environment to provide your best insight and new perspectives to solve multifaceted problems.
- Responsible for innovative, engaging and fun gameplay and system design.
- Maintaining the highest possible levels of design quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- Documenting, communicating, and gathering internal feedback on the game features and systems throughout the development process.
- Staying up to date on the mobile market, playtesting and analysing mobile games, and sharing insights with the team.
- Anticipate future requirements and provide practical implementation of emerging systems.
- Creating task breakdowns to assist with scheduling.
- Tracking and reporting key risks to your producer.
- Lead Design execution in all project features.
- Staying up to date with industry techniques, standards and workflows, with awareness of current & upcoming game titles & technology.
- Actively seeking feedback and engagement with the studio’s design craft discipline to better both yourself and your peers.
- Working in a humble and open manner, with a willingness to both teach and learn from your colleagues.
Skills to Create Thrills
- Strong, proven, game design experience
- Strong analytical and system design skills
- Confidence and experience to self- manage and self- motivate
- Experience leading and mentoring game and design teams
- Experience working on mobile as a gaming platform
- Deep understanding of free to play economies and meta games
- Experience concepting and creating a game and/or features from first ideas
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Shipped two or more titles on appropriate platforms
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
About Farm Heroes Saga
Farm Heroes Saga is one of the biggest mobile games in the world, having made over 1B in revenue and with millions of players every day. Our team is one of the most diverse ones in the industry, with people from across the globe, all sorts of experiences and problem- solving approaches.
Our goal is to ambitiously deliver high quality and engaging content to our players, while we push the barriers of innovation and aim to grow the game with new and exciting player- centric experiences for many years to come.