Principal Frontend Engineer
23 days ago
WE ARE GAME MAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
31st Union is looking for a Principal Frontend Engineer to direct and lead development of frontend game systems for our AAA multiplatform live service titles - including experimentation/segmentation, funnel analytics, entitlements, commerce, offers and currency.
- Lead and direct development of durable, flexible and performant pipelines and runtimes for frontend systems
- Lead partnership with Product Management and Analytics teams to support required segments and experiments.
- Work with 2K shared technology team to ensure project requirements are met on project schedule.
- Lead first-party engagement on frontend systems, in support of cross-platform entitlements as allowed
- Direct scale and availability testing for frontend systems
- Maximize development freedom for design partners
- Model best practices and supervise programmers as required
Who you are:
- 5+ years of leadership experience on AAA cross-platform Live Services games is required
- 2+ years of leadership experience in Frontend systems for AAA cross-platform Live Services games is required
- Unreal Engine fluency - including core object model, module system, referencing patterns, threading patterns, and core frameworks - specifically including Online-Subsystem - is required.
- Command of software patterns and principles for maintainable and debuggable systems is required.
- C++ fluency is required
- Ability to debug and optimize complex systems is required
- Ability to work independently and efficiently is required
- Experience with UnrealEngine5 is desired
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $160,000 and $230,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.