Senior Front End Software Engineer - User Behavior
7 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer you will be part of the highest priority organization at Roblox that features diverse work in product engineering, machine learning, data engineering, and traditional high throughput and low latency microservice to detect issues in real-time.
We are looking for engineers who are passionate about solving problems that haven't been solved before. Our distributed backend system of microservices handles over 20K servers and over 10 million requests per second and growing. Our frontends serve over 200M Daily Active Users and thousands of internal tools users who support our community. You will have a high impact and will directly affect our hundreds of millions of monthly users. You will report to our Trust & Safety (User Behavior) Engineering Manager.
- Effective skills with compiled languages such as Go, Python, C#, Java, or other for the past 5+ years, with experience building microservices.
- A Leader with experience supporting essential applications on a large-scale and an ambition towards more.
- Accomplished with HTML/CSS and cross-browser compatibility.
- Practiced in building responsive web pages which are mobile-friendly.
- Trained with full stack software development, including connectivity to databases, caches, and deployment to backend systems.
- Expert in common web application security issues
- Help build middleware/backend services across a large distributed systems
- Oversee writing good tests, including unit and end-to-end test
- Identify and debug performance-related issues
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend web and service stack
- Participate in building the world's best user generated gaming platform
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass