Principal Front-End Software Engineer - Trust & Safety
3 months ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
You will work with the most passionate, collaborative, and caring people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
We are looking for a Principal Front-End Engineer who will help us keep Roblox the world's largest and safest online playground. Together we will work on problems that have not been solved before. You will report to our T&S Operations Platform Engineering Manager.
- Oversee our strategy for deploying tools to our Moderators and Customer Support agents.
- Build the UI components, libraries, and tools that power the Moderation, Support, and other Trust & safety platforms that impacts every Roblox user.
- Work with other engineering and product teams to aid their efforts by mentoring engineers and building a UI component library.
- Work with other teams on user-facing Trust & Safety systems such as abuse reports and moderation workflows for Roblox developers.
- Execute the most impactful projects to keep players safe.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building customer-facing user interfaces and experiences
- Experience making systemic changes across frontend languages/frameworks while understanding the downstream impact on backend systems
- Collaborated across teams
You may (or may not):
- Have experience with Lua
- Familiarity with C++
- Experience building effective teams
- Have strong Design abilities
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar