10 days ago
Job Title:Principal Engineer
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts , Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare .
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/ , on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/ , and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Ensure platform core engine systems are optimized to deliver the highest quality experience
- Develop platform specific memory and computation strategies
- Drive to satisfy platform TCRs
- Design, write, debug and refine core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed
- Identify, diagnose and resolve runtime and author time issues
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering and content teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- 10+ years programming experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- Expert in network protocols
- Expert of client/server and peer-to-peer architecture
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field
- A strong passion for video games and the online experience
- Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection
- Working knowledge of 3D Math
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.