Principal Engineer - IVS Video on Demand
2 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is an end-to-end, managed, live video streaming solution, built on the same technology that powers Twitch. It is quick and easy to set up, and enables customers to send live streams to viewers across the world.
As a Principal Engineer reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will build a Video-OnDemand (VOD) AWS service offering to enhance IVS. You will also function as a technical-thought leader guiding and shaping the future of video-on-demand of the largest live video platform (Twitch), and the experiences of interactive video apps built on IVS.
- Determine the direction and architecture of the video-on-demand service.
- Build and operate the service based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
- Promote software development best practices and engineering excellence across teams
- Establish best practices, architectural principles, design patterns and methodologies, and mentor team members.
- Work with several engineering and product teams across AWS and Twitch
- A college degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10 years of professional software development expertise.
- Built scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems
- Experienced in Video streaming, encryption and AI/ML technologies
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.