Principal Engineer- Game Engine Tools
2 months ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community.
Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. The breadth of opportunities, and the evolving demands of this first-of-its-kind platform, ensure that your avenues for growth are always expanding and flexible.
Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Game Engine Tools team, you will help guide and oversee the technical architecture for the team. We are looking for candidates that will be able to build web applications, command line tools, and automation to enable our engineers to be efficient and productive. You will be comfortable working on all parts of our technology stack, coaching junior engineers, holding a high technical bar, setting strategy and working with stakeholders to define architectures. Our team is focused on building best in class tools that get out of the way of engineers using them so that everything just works. If you are an engineer who likes to build cool things that help other people build cool things, you'll be right at home on the Game Engine Tools team.
- Full Stack engineer interested in both front and back-end development
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience with compiled languages such as C#, Java or Golang
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Collaborative team member
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end-user
- A technical leader that can translate requirements into scalable design and code
- A mentor to other engineers
You Might Have:
- Experience with multiple web application frameworks (Rails, Django, Express)
- Experience building wireframes appreciated
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar