Principal Character Artist
13 days ago
Cloud Imperium is looking for an experienced Principal Character Artist with a passion for their craft to help fill a persistent universe with characters, costumes, armor suits and alien life forms for Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
For more information about life at CIG, follow this link:
- Work alongside the Art Director, Lead Character Artist and Technical Director to maintain and push the high standards of modeling, texturing, PBR material creation to provide consistent and high-quality models
- Creating high-poly and low-poly models of characters following concept art or art direction for in-game and cinematic usage with nominal direction
- Creating efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains
- Photorealistic texturing of characters which includes diffuse, normal map, specular, bump
- Working closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- At Least 8 years’ experience in game development
- Thorough knowledge of 3D Modeling software like Zbrush, Maya, 3DS Max
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Substance Painter and next gen texturing techniques
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent sense of form
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- International travel may be required
- Experience with CryEngine/Lumberyard
- An avid gamer
- A strong passion for science fiction
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.