This job might no longer be available.
Principal Brand Manager - League of Legends (LoL) Esports
23 days ago
As Principal Brand Manager League of Legends (LoL) Esports you will be responsible for the holistic EMEA brand narrative and overall go to market strategy for Riot's EMEA LoL Esports portfolio including the LEC, capturing the imagination of our EMEA League of Legends audience, and bringing the next generation of players/viewers to our games, broadcasts and entertainment experiences.
You will lead and develop brand marketing teams in the region, in addition to a team of strategic marketing partners like creative, community and channel strategy. You will be part of the global brand management team, esports, working closely with the other regions' and the global esports leaders working side by side with Riot's Genre leads, esports and global marketing partners. You will set the direction of the overall EMEA LoL esports brand marketing strategy for the LEC alongside your colleagues in the brand management team within a growing and evolving set of player facing goals.
Marketing leadership at Riot Games uses insights and experience with brand strategy and management to establish and inspire others with a clear vision for products/experiences, while guiding teams towards delivering incredible levels of player focus in EMEA.
You will report to the Director of Brand Management, EMEA. This role is based in Berlin, Germany.
- Develop creative product marketing strategies (including vision, goals, roadmap, and prioritization) for several products and platforms (LEC and global events such as MSI and Worlds and regional finals such as the EMEA Masters).
- Provide marketing insight and guidance to the EMEA brand teams, advocating for the results of publishing activity.
- Ensure that all marketing programs are aligned with the League of Legends product/brand leads goals, target audience, and core brand strategy for the product and aligned to the vision of the portfolio.
- Guide successful execution of campaign and initiative development within the team - ensuring outstanding creative experiences that improve standards for marketing across the industry.
- Set top-level objectives and key results for game/esports/entertainment marketing efforts, work with partner teams to develop measurement plans, guide marketing research, and enhance the team's collective knowledge of our future audience and landscape.
- Be the liaison between the global marketing and product teams and Riot's regional publishing organization - promoting successful outcomes through close collaboration and partnership.
- Represent LoL esports EMEA in global product strategy and SMEs groups.
- Be a partner in product strategy; advise on market potential, optimal pricing, distribution channels, and launch sequencing for all products within the title set.
- You will be responsible for mentoring and providing growth opportunities to the team, and collaboratively bringing together leadership across departments and disciplines.
- Maintain seamless integration with the product and esports teams maintaining clear and consistent communication strategy that surprises and delights players and viewers at every turn within our ecosystem.
- 7+ years of experience leading successful brand teams in the video game, technology, broadcast/streaming or entertainment industry, throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product or experience.
- 5+ years of experience working across departments and working with executive management.
- Strong knowledge of marketing disciplines and building cohesive campaign strategy and plans.
- 2 years minimum management experience.
- Good understanding of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities.
- Passion for esports - watching, supporting and championing!
- You are up to date with the gaming and entertainment industry's newest trends and technologies.
- Experience working directly with creative, community, and channel-focused leaders
- Experience with marketing esports products based on successful game brands.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.